We are looking for a stellar individual to join our Founding Team to drive end-to-end transaction advisory and execution, while managing tax compliance and regulatory aspects. Unlike most setups, this is not a growth lever for us, this is absolutely core to our business.
You are someone with experience in the financial services/ PE/ VC space or have led M&A advisory in startups. You can explain legal structures using cups and stirrers. You can marry the consumer focus of the business side with the pragmatism on the transaction advisory side. Brownie points if you have dealt with cross border transactions.
What will you do?
- Evaluating various structures via which private equity transactions can be enabled
- Leading transaction execution with a consumer mindset. Work closely with business teams, functional experts (legal, tax, accounting etc) and various due diligence advisors to enable primary and secondary PE transactions
- Independently developing financial models for investment opportunities. Perform detailed financial analysis, develop pro forma financial models, valuation analysis and synergy models in support of potential transactions
- Preparing detailed presentations for internal projects, M&A or investment opportunities for discussion at the board level
- Performing and synthesizing comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
What do you need?
- CA, CS or MBA with about 5 - 8 yrs of experience
- Outstanding track record of academic achievement with excellent communication skills
- Experience in (a) transactions including M&A/equity investments, or (b) consulting in financial services sector, would be an advantage
- Deep understanding of the SEBI world e.g. CIS norms, tax optimization, ODI/ OPI norms etc.
- Familiarity with aspects of VC deal-making (from due diligence to deal structuring, negotiating key terms, reviewing legal documentation, and post-close deal management); Experience and end to end visibility of fund raise cycles in a start-up stint
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to carry out sophisticated financial modelling
- Broad financial acumen including a strong foundation in corporate finance principles including valuations principles
- Passionate about early-stage investing, technology and start-ups
- Temperament to work in cross-functional teams and ability to interact and co-ordinate with other businesses, teams and individuals for execution
- Strong professional network in the core VC and start-up ecosystem in India is a plus
Best things about the job:
- A unique shot to solve a pathbreaking problem statement, not attempted at scale anywhere globally 🚀
- A great opportunity to learn and develop yourself, immense career growth. We just got started. Things will get serious very, very soon.
- Be part of the most entertaining core team you will find
Sold? Here’s how to apply:
- Don’t overthink this. Just reach out to us at [email protected] with your CV. Bonus points for a cover letter that blows our mind! Please ensure to put your name and the role you are applying for in the subject line e.g <Katha Gupta | Content and Community Lead>.
- If you apply, we’ll make sure we get back to you within a week either with the next steps or the reasons why we feel we aren’t a fit for you. We do that for 100% of the applications we receive.