For most roles, here is how we go about things -
Referrals > Inbound > Outbound
- We prioritize referrals over inbound applications, and well-written inbound applications (not just a press of the button on LinkedIN) over other channels of recruitment (hiring partners, job sites etc). We trust our team to use their judgment and experience of our working style to identify individuals who would be a good fit.
- We have no referral incentive policy. Our teammates don’t feel the need for additional incentives to help fill critical roles with the right people. We come into work every day because we both love the work we do and the people we do it with - come on over and bring along your A-team too
We reply to every single application
- Irrespective of whether you emailed us or were referred, irrespective whether we ended up interviewing you or not, we’ll make sure we get back to you within a week either with the next steps or the reasons why we feel we aren’t a fit for you. We do that for 100% of the applications we receive.
Typically, our process consists of 3-4 calls and 1 assignment
- We are very frugal about adding roles, and even more particular about choosing candidates. Hence, we want to be sure that you fit the framework of all the stakeholders who you’d end up working closely with. Hence, the hiring process includes discussions with the two co-founders and 1-2 other team members. It gives you an opportunity to get to know the core team better and evaluate whether you’d like to spend a large proportion of your day with these individuals.
- We’ll try and fit in our entire process into a two week window, not including the time you might need for the assignment.
- We’ll work with you to find a short project/task that would be reflective of the kind of work you would be doing at Infinyte. For a content role, it could be a blog post, for a strategy role, an open ended consumer problem etc. You get the gist. The timeline for this would be flexible and we’d work around your schedule. Again, look at this as an opportunity to understand your role better.
The discussions test functional expertise, potential team dynamic, ownership levels, problem solving and creative thinking.
- Sometimes we ask open ended hypothetical questions, other times we just talk about your approach of solving problems. Irrespective, all discussions have a defined framework for success. By doing so we try to rule out the impact of personal biases on hiring decisions.
Whether or not you see a role that you seem fit for, you can reach out to us.
- Life is too short to wait for the right role to open up. Just write to us at [email protected] with your CV. Bonus points for a cover letter that blows our mind! Please ensure to put your name and the role you are applying for in the subject line e.g <Katha Gupta | Content and Community Lead>.
What is day-to-day like at Infinyte?